The Phi Mu Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter History
Phi Mu has had an active alumnae chapter in Wisconsin for over 60 years! We have an exciting and longstanding history and have evolved several times over the years. Some of the highlights of our chapter history are:
- The Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter was installed on July 8, 1954.
- The Madison Alumnae Chapter was installed on February 17, 1962.
- The Madison and Milwaukee Alumnae Chapters reorganized and merged in March 1964 with the core of the membership located in the greater Milwaukee area.
Over time the Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter has also received awards during National Convention, has celebrated sisters with longstanding membership and has been involved in the Milwaukee Alumnae Panhellenic Association. Some of the more recent awards and accolades presented to our chapter (or chapter members) include:
1982 – Presented with Greatest Chapter Improvement at National Convention
1984 – Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter member Eleanor Wilson receives her 50 year membership
1994 - Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter member Margaret Thews was nominated for Woman of the Year at the Milwaukee Alumnae Panhellenic Association Luncheon
1995 - Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter member Eleanor Wilson was nominated for Woman of the Year at the Milwaukee Alumnae Panhellenic Association Luncheon
1996 – Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter member Marie Cooper receives her 50 year membership
1998 - Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter members Mary Alice Dean and Alice Humphrey receive their 50 year membership pins
2000 – Presented with Membership Increase certificate at National Convention
2004 – Presented with 50th year chapter anniversary certificate at National Convention
2014 – Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter members Avery Mayne and Erin Lyons were involved in the reestablishment of the Milwaukee Alumnae Panhellenic Association
2014 – Presented with 60th year chapter anniversary certificate at National Convention